Bakcou Warranty & Return Policy
BAKCOU LIMITED MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
All Bakcou eBikes come with a one-year, 365-day manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty begins on the day your Bakcou eBike is received. One year manufacturer’s warranty is valued at $529. Warranty can be extended for an additional year (two years total) for $349 and two additional years (three years total) for $579.
Manufacturer’s warranty protects against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship, in accordance with the following terms:
- Warranty Period begins the day the eBike is received and shall end immediately upon any sale or transfer of the eBike to another person. Under no circumstances shall the Manufacturer's warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferees of the eBike.
- eBike must be registered by the original owner using the eBike’s serial number (located on the headtube) within 30 days of receiving the bike. This can be done through the “Warranty Registration” link located at the bottom of the Bakcou website homepage.
1-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
The 1-Year manufacturer warranty is limited to the replacement of the following components: the lithium-ion battery (the “Battery”), frame, motor, controller, wiring harness, and LCD display.
- Battery warranty does not include damage as a result of improper charging, improper maintenance, water damage, normal wear, or other such misuses.
- Battery replacement will be at a prorated price based on both the size of the battery and the length of time that has passed since receiving the bike.
30 Day Manufacturer Warranty
The manufacturer’s warranty covers the following components for the first 30 days after receiving the bike: suspension, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, bottom bracket, crankset, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, and kickstand.
During the first 30 days, Bakcou will cover parts, shipping, and labor for any of the above components. After 30 days, the customer will be responsible for shipping.
Manufacturer’s Warranty Does Not Cover
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables of normal wear and tear parts (such as tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain, spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the eBikes owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the eBike as sold, operator error, water damage, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Bakcou will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure, or loss caused by the use of unauthorized parts or any unauthorized service.
- Any products sold by Bakcou that are not an eBike.
- Shipping costs for warranty claims outside of the continental United States.
Photos and/or videos of the damaged, covered component are required for Bakcou to replace any covered component under warranty.
To start your claim:
- Contact the Bakcou Technical Support team using the information provided below. The Bakcou Technical Support team will work with you to troubleshoot the problem and initiate a repair.
- If the Bakcou Technical Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, instructions will be provided for receiving the replacement and returning your damaged component.
- After the replacement Covered Component is received, the Bakcou Technical Support team will assist in replacing or installing the new Covered Component on your Bakcou eBike
2840 Wadman Dr.
Ogden, UT 84401
Shipping Damage Claims
Products should be inspected immediately upon delivery. Freight damage claims are extremely time-sensitive and will not be accepted more than 3 business days after delivery. Please note any damage to your products on the Bill of Lading before accepting delivery and signing off on the shipment. Take photos of any damage found and date the images when possible. Report freight damage claims within 3 business days of delivery to Bakcou, LLC at (844) 227-1096, or on Bakcou.com.
REFUND POLICY APPLIES TO APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES. FOR EBIKES AND SCOOTERS, PLEASE REFER TO OUR 30-DAY NO RISK PURCHASE PROGRAM.
Bakcou accepts returns up to 30 days after you receive your purchase. Items must be in the same condition that they were received to be eligible for return. A 15% restocking fee will be applied to your refund and you are responsible for shipping. Receipt or proof of purchase is also required for returns.
To initiate a return, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we'll send you instructions on how and where to send your package. Items returned without prior approval will not be accepted.
DAMAGED, DEFECTIVE, OR INCORRECT ITEMS
Please inspect your order upon receipt. If your order is damaged, defective, or incorrect, please contact Bakcou immediately so that we can evaluate the issue and correct your order. See our Warranty Policy for further information about damaged and defective items.
For exchanges, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will notify you upon receipt and inspection of your return. If approved, an automatic refund minus the 15% restocking fee will be applied to your original payment method. Please allow adequate time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund.
In the event of a product return, Bakcou promotional items received with your purchase must also be returned and a 15% restocking fee will be assessed. If you choose to keep any of the promotional items, the MSRP value of the promotional items will be deducted from your refund.
Above policies apply only to Bakcou apparel and accessories. For eBike and scooter returns, please refer to our 30-Day No Risk Purchase Program.
If you purchased apparel or accessories through a Bakcou Authorized Dealer, please work with the dealer that you purchased from and they will assist you with your return.